Here’s Lynne Littman’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lynlit
Anyone want to do an interview? 🙂
And this is a short video of her at the Oscars 2010. She was mentioning “truth” in movie making, too.
Below is her resume from http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0003313/resume
Director LYNNE LITTMAN received an ACADEMY AWARD for her documentary film, NUMBER OUR DAYS, based on the fieldwork of anthropologist, Barbara Myerhoff. Ten years later, her feature documentary, IN HER OWN TIME, chronicled Dr. Myerhoff’s final fieldwork and her death at age 49. IN HER OWN TIME premiered at Sundance.
Ms. Littman made her feature film directing debut with TESTAMENT, starring Jane Alexander, who was Oscar-nominated for Best Actress. Written by John Sacret Young. Originally produced for American Playhouse, TESTAMENT premiered at the Telluride Film Festival, screened at the Berlin Film Festival and was distributed theatrically by Paramount Pictures prior to its PBS broadcast.
For the recent DVD release of TESTAMENT Littman directed two new bonus feature documentaries.
For the body of work she created at KCET, Littman earned 4 Emmys, a Columbia/Dupont Journalism Award, a Los Angeles Press Club Award, the Radio and TV News Association’s Golden Mike, 2 Christophers, 3 Cine Golden Eagles, a George Foster Peabody Award and First Prizes at Atlanta and San Francisco Film Festivals.
Ms. Littman spent one year at ABC as Executive Producer of Movies for Television immediately following the birth of her son.
- HAVING OUR SAY: THE DELANY SISTER’S FIRST 100 YEARS – Produced by Judith James and Camille Cosby, starring Ruby Dee, Diahann Carroll, Amy Madigan, Audra Mcdonald, Mykleti Williams. Winner: Peabody and Christopher Awards [CBS]
- FREAK CITY – Produced by Sandy Stern, starring Peter Sarsgaard, Samantha Mathis, Marlee Matlin, Natalie Cole, Jonathan Silverman [SHOWTIME]
- THE RESCUERS: MARIE TAQUET – Produced by Barbara Streisand and Cis Corman, starring Linda Hamilton and Alfred Molina. [SHOWTIME]
- CAGNEY & LACEY: TRUE CONVICTIONS – Series Finale. 2-hour movie starring Tyne Daly, Sharon Gless, Michael Moriarty. [CBS]
- OSCAR TRIBUTE TO WOMEN, opened the 65th ACADEMY AWARDS, The Year of the Woman [ABC]
- TESTAMENT (see above) [PARAMOUNT/PBS]
- RICKY NELSON: IT’S ALRIGHT NOW – feature doc. Produced by Margot Productions.
- AGNES VARDA FILM TRIBUTE [ida] Pioneer Award winner.
- IN HER OWN TIME – feature doc. Exec Producer, Norman Lear, Act III Productions. [PBS]
- ONCE A DAUGHTER – feature doc. Non-fiction Television Workshop. [PBS]
- NUMBER OUR DAYS – Oscar winner, 1977 – Best Short Documentary. [KCET/PBS]
- WOMANHOUSE IS NOT A HOME; IN THE MATTER OF KENNETH; ‘TIL DEATH DO US PART; THE GAY WAY; WOMEN IN WAITING; POWER TO THE PLAYGROUP; COME OUT SINGING; A FORTUNE IN SINGLES; GUNS; WOMEN POETS. Producer/Director 1971-1977 [KCET]
- COMMUNITY INQUEST; DRUGS & BEYOND – Director. UCLA MEDIA PROJECT – NPI w/NIH.
- LION’S LOVE – Agnes Varda, Dir. feature film starring Shirley Clarke, VIVA, Jim RADO , James RAGNI. – Director’s Assistant.
- JOE HILL – Dir. Bo Widerberg feature film starringTommy Bergren. – NYC production coordinator.
- DAVID WOLPER PRODUCTIONS – East Coast Photo Research.
- THE GOLDEN AGE OF SECOND AVENUE – Producer, Mort Silverstein. Associate Producer.
- WHAT HARVEST FOR THE REAPER? – Associate Producer – NET JOURNAL – Emmy nomination.
- DIARY OF A STUDENT REVOLUTION – Associate Producer – NET JOURNAL
- BANKS AND THE POOR – Associate Producer – NET JOURNAL
Ms. Littman Chairs the Director’s Guild of America Documentary Awards; serves on the Board of the International Documentary Association; on the steering committee of the Documentary Credits Coalition; member of the DGA, WGA, ASCAP, AMPAS, TV Academy.
Littman has written the screenplay and will direct THE SPIRIT CATCHES YOU, based on the non-fiction National Book Critics Circle Award winner, “The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down” by Anne Fadiman.
Lynne Littman graduated from The High School of Music and Art, Sarah Lawrence College, and the Sorbonne. She has two sons.